Double Your Lead Conversion Using Mobile
You might be thinking, 'yeah, yeah... I have been hearing about mobile and I know it’s important but it doesn’t affect me yet.' Let’s take a look at some real world numbers.
According to the CTIA Wireless association, as of December 2011, there are over 331 million wireless subscriber connections in the United States. Nielsen media further identified that nearly half of subscribers have Smartphone devices with the ability to do a web search for local services. This is great information but what does it mean for the small to medium sized local website? Below we examine three customers and the results that they are seeing from mobile:
1 Customer (supporting mobile) – Product and Service Provider in Midsized Market
- Generating approximately 26,000 new first time visitors monthly
- 25% of those visitors came from a mobile device: primarily Android, iPhone, and iPad
- Over 60% of those mobile visitors took another action
2 Customer (supporting mobile with dedicated mobile site) – Service Provider in a small market
- Generating approximately 300 new first time visitors monthly
- 23% of those visitors came from a mobile device, again primarily: Android, iPhone, and iPad
- Over 75% of those visitors took another action, WOW!
3nd Customer (not supporting mobile yet) - Service Provider in a small market
- Generating approximately 250 new first time visitors monthly
- 15% of those visitors came from a mobile device, again primarily: Android, iPhone, and iPad
- Over 54% of those visitors took another action
- Furthermore, the drop off rate of these mobile visitors was double.
The evidence is clear that there are a large percentage of web visitors that are using a mobile devices and the percentage is increasing WEEKLY. If your website supports mobile you will generate not only more traffic but double the number of leads and conversions by doing so.