As a wise Erlich Bachman once said, “Our corporate culture is that we have no corporate culture.” Here at Spectrum we are looking for a talented .Net Software Developer looking to advance their engineering skillset on a team that is exactly that— a no politics, startup-like, exciting and fun software team. So, if you have a knack for all things .NET and love working on a team always open to new ideas and innovation, then please, read on.
Beyond working with state of the art technology, you will have many different fantastic projects to work on as a Senior Software Engineer at Spectrum. Here are just a few different responsibilities you can expect off the bat:
- Contribute to the fulfillment and assurance of Spectrum’s web application products based on feedback from proprietary monitoring tools as well as those provided by managed services
- Collaborate with other software engineers to build solutions catered to Spectrum‘s client base
- Develop internal applications in a hands on role with revenue generation and core efficiency improvement in mind
- Researching, planning, designing and developing new applications
- Lead consumer insight meetings with clients and account managers to understand and meet client goals when developing new products
- Maintaining existing code, working on new enhancements and features, writing, tuning and debugging SQL stored procedures for use with web applications
- Participating in code reviews with other team members to ensure development guidelines and security standards are met
Some Characteristics That Define You
As a .Net Software Developer in Spectrum’s agile development environment, you will have an array of different roles both in and outside of your core team. As such, here are just a few traits that should define you:
- Forward Thinking. Peeking into the future is a day-to-day occurrence in the software department at Spectrum. It’s important that you’re always considering what’s coming next, and how we can get there.
- Technical Debt Collector. We understand that development work is always a work in progress and as a result, many teams fall into easy quick solutions that cause a lot of extra re-work and frustration. That’s why you are always looking to solve those roadblocks head on to collect and avoid that technical debt in the future.
- Analytical. In order to solve problems and build innovative new tools, it is essential that you know how to take an idea and analyze it from all of its angles.
- Detail-Oriented. When you work with long lines of code all day, it only makes sense that you’re extremely detail-oriented, ensuring that everything will run smoothly and efficiently.
- Business-Savvy. Beyond the wicked development skills you bring to the table, we also want you to consider the business implications of our software tools. From the ways our team will use them to how our customers will use them, we always want you to keep the user and the business application in mind.
Required Skills and Experience
On top of the many intangible skills you bring to the table, there are many skills that can help improve the efficiencies and success of your work at Spectrum. Here are a few of those required skills and experience that you will come in with as a .Net Software Developer on our team:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, information systems, or a related field
- 3-4 years of .NET/C# experience
- 3-4 years of Microsoft SQL experience
- Expert level proficiency with Visual Studio
- Extensive experience/understanding of RESTful web services
- Expert level knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Expert level MVC design pattern and object-oriented programming experience
As a .Net Software Developer at Spectrum there are a ton of fantastic perks and benefits that come along with your work. Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect when joining the Spectrum family:
- Comprehensive medical & dental insurance
- Retirement planning & company matching
- Generous PTO, including sick days & holidays
- A state-of-the-art office environment
- Nintendo Switch in-office gaming such as FIFA, Arms, Mario Kart, and Rocket League
- Year-round gym memberships
- Paid continuing education
- Flexible scheduling- Hybrid work from home
Apply for our Senior Software Developer position and feel your impact with Spectrum today!