How often do you get to lead a team of talented software developers and have a hands-on role, directly optimizing the infrastructure that those team members and their web applications live in? Here at Spectrum, we are looking for talented DevOps Cloud Engineers who are looking to do exactly that. Not only will they be at the forefront of Spectrum’s growth, but also the forefront of machine learning and cutting-edge software tools that will change the world as we know it. So, if you’re looking for a new way to challenge yourself in a no-politics, start-up like environment where you can feel your direct impact today, then please, read on.
Beyond working with state of the art technology, you will have many different fantastic projects to work on as a DevOps Cloud Engineer at Spectrum. Here are just a few different responsibilities you can expect off the bat:
- Orchestrate/manage complex cross-domain (system, enterprise, firewall) processes and handling exceptions
- Contribute to the fulfillment and assurance of Spectrum’s web application products based on feedback from proprietary monitoring tools as well as those provided by managed services
- Consult and advise the development team on cloud infrastructure and cloud development best practices
- Connect and automate workflows in order to deliver defined services
- Evaluate, manage, and consequently adjust our cloud services budget accordingly
- Collaborate with software engineers to build solutions catered to Spectrum‘s client base
- Manage cloud resources primarily in a Microsoft Azure environment
- Design and assign different security permission settings for different clients and Spectrum team members
- Understand our client’s needs and how they will use the cloud to reach their business goals
- Grow into an all-encompassing cloud architect with the ability to act as a cloud network engineer, cloud software engineer, cloud security expert, and a leader in planning the direction and creation of Spectrum’s software tools
Some Characteristics That Define You
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer for Spectrum, you will wear many different hats in order to properly manage our clients’ needs and grow their businesses. Here are just a few different things that will define you:
- Forward-Thinking. Currently we work mainly in an ASP.NET environment, but that’s not the end all be all. Like yourself, we realize that the key to innovation is always looking for the next best thing and keeping an open-mind to future technologies.
- Creative. Peeking into the future is a day-to-day occurrence in the software department at Spectrum, so it’s critical to think outside of the box, and constantly be asking yourself the question, “how we can keep innovating?”
- Technical Debt Collector. We understand that development work is always a work in progress and as a result, many teams fall into easy quick solutions that cause a lot of extra re-work and frustration. That’s why you are always looking to solve those roadblocks head on to collect and avoid that technical debt in the future.
- Detail-Oriented. When you work with long lines of code all day, it only makes sense that you’re extremely detail-oriented, ensuring that everything will run smoothly and efficiently.
- Business-Savvy. Beyond the wicked development and cloud management skills you bring to the table, we also want you to consider the business implications of our software tools. From the ways our team will use them to how our customers will use them, we always want you to keep the user and the business application in mind.
Required Skills and Experience
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer at Spectrum, you will have the ability to hone your craft and advance your core skillset. Here are just a few of the skills and experience you should have coming in:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology management, or a related field
- At least 4 years of .NET/C# experience
- At least 3 years of Microsoft SQL experience
- Proficient with Visual Studio
- Expert level knowledge of cloud platforms (specifically Microsoft Azure and Azure Resource Manager)
- Extensive experience/understanding of RESTful web services
- First-hand experience and expert level understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer at Spectrum there are a ton of fantastic perks and benefits that come along with your work. Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect when joining the Spectrum family:
- Comprehensive medical & dental insurance
- Retirement planning & company matching
- Generous PTO, including sick days & holidays
- A state-of-the-art office environment
- Nintendo Switch in-office gaming such as FIFA, Arms, Mario Kart, and Rocket League
- Year-round gym memberships
- Paid continuing education
- Casual dress code
- Flexible scheduling
- Company sponsored parties and group activities outside of the office
Apply for our DevOps Cloud Engineer position and feel your impact with Spectrum today!