Your work as a Content Marketing Specialist at Spectrum is a lot like a misspelled name on a Starbucks cup— entertaining, hilarious, and just clever enough to mask your true intentions of convincing consumers to share your brand with all of their friends. We’re looking for a risk-taking creative with that witty edge to help us create unique marketing materials and ultimately present us with tangible and quantitative results. So, if you think you’ve got that sweet combination of craft and analytics, please, “Tail-or” or any absurd misspelling, read on.
As Spectrum’s Content Marketing Specialist and ultimately the leader of Spectrum’s first impressions, you will have many creative and strategic projects ahead of you. From day to day you will:
- Utilize Adobe CC to generate new marketing campaigns from downloadables to videos to articles to any strategies worth testing
- Study Spectrum’s products, services, and customer industries to fully understand and build customer personas, ultimately helping to better target our content creation accordingly
- Build and promote Spectrum’s brand to existing and prospective clients
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to create new marketing campaigns
- Interview Sales team members as well as Account Managers and Developers to better understand customer interactions and Spectrum services/products
- Analyze different marketing campaigns to quantitatively assess marketing performance and ultimately inform and evolve marketing efforts accordingly
- A/B test different forms of marketing content from email sends, to blog posts, to social content, marketing landing pages and more
- Manage and maintain internal email marketing campaign by generating list servs, writing relevant and interesting content, and exploring new opportunities as they present themselves
- Curate case studies by conducting data analysis or designing the final product presented to the customer for a presentation/content send
Required Skills and Experience
Before you begin your journey as Spectrum’s Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll want to come in with a few foundational skills. Here are just a few to get you started:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, psychology, journalism, cinematography, writing, or similar fields
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Final Cut Pro, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere or other robust video editing software experience
- Adobe CC specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign experience
- Professional Experience in Excel
- Campaign Monitor or other similar email marketing tool experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM familiarity preferred
- Home service industry knowledge is a bonus
Some Characteristics That Define You
As Spectrum’s Content Marketing Specialist, you will not only bring a unique skillset to the team, but a unique personality as well. Here are just a few of the fabulous intangible qualities that may define you:
- Bold. We love a bit of wit and spice here at Spectrum. As a content specialist for, we want you to embrace that wild side and use it to your advantage to form out-of-the-box, killer marketing campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial. We want you to make this position your own. There are lots of different ways to implement quality marketing strategies and we want to see you take the initiative to find the best ones.
- Educator. One of the best ways to sell people is to educate them. We want you to embrace the idea of learning not only about Spectrum’s products and services, but our clients industries as well and keep them educated on how they can use that knowledge to their advantage.
- Analytical. As all great marketers know, quality marketing strategy is driven by content paired with data analytics. As Spectrum’s Content Marketing Specialist, you will analyze and test your efforts to inform your future decisions.
- Curious. To be a great content creator, you must first have a lot of information to work with that. Thus, the best way to create is to first ask a lot of questions about the subject you are creating for.
- Organized. With such a wide variety of opportunity, comes much chaos. As the savvy marketer you are, we know you’ll take your organizational skills to adapt and make sense of all that noise.
Being the stellar Content Marketing Specialist that you are, we understand that you need a good work-life-play balance to keep the creative juices flowing. To make sure that’s possible, this full-time position comes with a highly competitive salary and unparalleled benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical & dental insurance
- Retirement planning & company matching
- Generous PTO, including sick days & holidays
- A state-of-the-art office environment
- Year-round gym memberships
- In-house massage therapy
- Paid continuing education
- Casual dress code
- Flexible scheduling
- Snacks and endless coffee
- Company sponsored parties and group activities outside of the office
Apply for our Content Marketing Specialist position, and feel your impact with Spectrum today!