Looking for an opportunity to combine your passion for marketing, artistry, and technology? At Spectrum, we’re looking for Digital Designers who want just that—to take a new name in a saturated market and grow it into something spectacular with a killer brand image and digital presence. So, if you’re looking to grow yourself on a fast-paced, creative, and diverse team, please read on.
As a Digital Designer at Spectrum you will:
- Produce the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, and more
- Design and build responsive websites
- Work with content developers to craft the proper brand image for our clients and ensure consistency of that brand across different digital touch points
- Utilize data and insights to better inform our design decisions
- Build feedback loops with clients, client facing team members and design when working through various projects
- Translate wireframes into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces
- Work alongside other designers, production experts, web developers, and creative professionals to develop lasting solutions for Spectrum clients
- Learn about the UX research process and how it influences digital design
Some Characteristics That Define You
As a Digital Designer, you know that your job is much more than graphic design, web development, or creative alone. You are an artist, an engineer, and multitude of other things which make you the stellar developer that you are. As such, here are just a few traits that define our Digital Designers here at Spectrum:
- Artist. Creating websites isn’t just about functionality for us, it’s about making a unique work of art that represents each different client and each different project that we work on. The keyboard is our brush and our clients are your canvas.
- Developer. Design is a unique opportunity to combine the artistry and creativity of the web with the functionality and logic of a scientist and an inventor. Our digital designers are design engineers just as much as they are artists.
- Detail-Oriented. White space and themed projects are some of our best friends in the design and development department. We love to see a site come perfectly together and we know you hate to see tiny details and bad Photoshop jobs ruin a beautiful project.
- Brand Manager. As a digital designer you are essential a digital story teller. You are always looking for new creative ways to share our customers unique value proposition with their customer base and their potential new customer base.
- Business-Savvy Marketer. Beyond the wicked front end development skills you bring to the table, we also want you to consider the business implications of our websites and software tools. From the ways our team will use them to how our clients and their customers will interact with our sites, we always want you to keep the user and the business application in mind.
Required Skills and Experience
On top of the many intangible skills you bring to the table, there are many skills that can help improve the efficiencies and success of your work at Spectrum. Here are a few of those required skills and experience that you will come in with as a Digital Designer on our team:
- A bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, marketing, communications, computer science or related field.
- Artistic savvy and acute eye for detail
- 1-2 years of experience with HTML and CSS
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience
- Expert level knowledge and firsthand experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Being the dynamite Digital Designer that you are, we understand that in order to get the creative juices flowing you need a good work-life-play balance. To make sure that’s possible this full-time position comes with a highly competitive salary and unparalleled benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical & dental insurance
- Retirement planning & company matching
- Generous PTO, including sick days & holidays
- A state-of-the-art office environment
- Nintendo Switch in-office gaming such as FIFA, Arms, Mario Kart, and Rocket League
- Year-round gym memberships
- Paid continuing education
- Casual dress code
- Flexible scheduling
- Company sponsored parties and group activities outside of the office including but not limited to company happy hours, new hires welcome picnic, summer boat party, sports leagues, trivia leagues, team specific outings, and more!
Our company mission can be summed up in one word—growth. At Spectrum, our top priorities revolve around growing business for our customers, growing our software, and growing our careers.
Since opening our doors in 1992, Spectrum has proudly served the small and medium-sized business owner, developing new and innovative ways to drive sales for their businesses. Today, we work with more than 1000 clients in virtually every major North American market serving as one of the nation’s top lead generation software and service providers in the home services arena. But Spectrum is so much more than just a service for lead generation and lead generation software.
Spectrum is a manifestation of our team’s ingenuity and unique skillset. The talent of our individual team members and energy as a unit has led us to create the program responsible for our overall success. This lead generation ecosystem, combining a multitude of software tools, full-service account management, and web-development processes has secured millions of leads for our clients and is a true testament to the capabilities and forward-thinking attitude of the Spectrum family.
With our headquarters in downtown Chicago, we continue to grow every day as a leader and innovator in driving client sales, and we want you to join us in doing so. Come on board and apply for our Digital Designer position today!