80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting— 44% of salespeople give up after 1 follow-up.
Which percentage are you?
Here at Spectrum, we are looking for a seasoned expert at B2B who has seen firsthand what it takes to turn a suspect into a client. As a Business Development Executive you will be at the forefront of our sales process—researching leads, qualifying prospects, and reaching out to potential customers. We are a digital marketing and software development agency looking for dreamers, the one’s who set their goals on top of selling the newest and most innovative products on the market. Now we need your expertise in the outbound marketing department to be our 66%.
So how will you achieve your goals here at Spectrum? As a member of our team, and as the dynamite Business Development Executive that you are, you will:
- Work directly with our marketing department to convert leads into interested prospects
- Qualify inbound sales inquiries within our Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Utilize prospecting guide to properly score leads and ask probing questions, all while tracking your progress down the sales pipeline
- Call prospects to book appointments and schedule demos
- Assist Account Executives by warming leads, researching prospects, and ultimately building pipelines
- Conduct presentations based on our lead generation software tools and accompanying client services
- Stay up-to-date by utilizing and testing our Spectrum lead generation software tools firsthand and researching our customer’s industry
- Overall, meet your set number goal of booked appointments and demos
Some Characteristics That Define You
At Spectrum, we understand that Business Development Executives attribute their success to much more than just their knowledge base and skill set. Sales requires a certain set of character traits that sets a professional apart from all of their competitors. Here are just a few of those intangibles that will define you and your success on our team:
- Hungry. Not only are you excited to get in front of clients, but you’re eager to learn as much as you can about them and the industries they work in as well.
- Honest. At Spectrum, we know that our software products and our services deliver quality and consistent results for our customers. That’s why, when we sell our products, we pride ourselves on our earnest sales techniques and our extensive knowledge to close the deal.
- Team Player. As an AE, you’re our star QB and the Account Executives are your trusted running back. You set them up with that perfect handoff, that ultimately results in a touchdown for Spectrum.
Extroverted. There is nothing you love more than hopping on the phone, or getting on stage to give a presentation. At Spectrum, we love that exciting, people-person oriented energy that you bring to the table.
- Driven. As you know, sales are tough –but when you get knocked down, you know you’re getting back up. At Spectrum, we learn from our failures and thrive on that knowledge to make us better on the phone, in our presentations, and overall as sales professionals.
- Active Listener. To talk the talk is a prized skill, but so is listening. We want you to treat this position like a consultative process, one in which our customers have a problem and we have their answer. That means you must be able to sit back and listen to the issues our prospects are having in order to truly understand the products and services that will solve them.
- Organized. You will be making hundreds of phone calls and meetings even more people. Keeping these conversations straight and knowing when you need to follow up are a key factor in determining your success.
Required Skills and Experience
On top of those intangible skills you bring to the table, there are many skills that can help improve the efficiencies and success of your sales process. Here are a few of those required skills and experience sets our Business Development Executives at Spectrum possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, communications, psychology, or a related field
- Experience in conducting sales calls, both cold and warm leads
- Understanding of B2B customer lead generation needs
- Experience/aptitude for solving problems based on consultative conversations
- Experience selling other lead generation or technology driven products, ideally software or agency-focused services
- Quality transitional skills, moving leads down the pipeline onto the next steps of a sale
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM experience preferred
Being the stellar Business Development Executive that you are, we understand that in order to stay fresh all day you need a good work-life-play balance. To make sure that’s possible this full-time position comes with a highly competitive salary and unparalleled benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical & dental insurance
- Retirement planning & company matching
- Generous PTO, including sick days & holidays
- A state-of-the-art office environment
- Year-round gym memberships
- Paid continuing education
- Casual dress code
- Flexible scheduling
- Company sponsored parties and group activities outside of the office