As a Junior Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of new, internally developed applications as well as enhancements to existing software. Your day-to-day tasks will consist of hands-on design and development of the application layer of N-Tier applications, as well as touching on other layers including database, business, security, and front-end user interfaces.
In addition to a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, web development, or a related field (or equivalent work experience), we expect applicants to be proficient in:
- Microsoft SQL
- HTML and CSS
- Visual Studio
- Written and verbal expression
- Building REST clients
- A version control system (Git, SVN, etc.)
- CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- MVC design pattern and object-oriented programming
- Razor or similar markup language
At Spectrum, our goal is to grow our team members at the same time as growing our company. We appreciate developers with a proven ability to learn from senior level developers and grow their skills quickly to meet our flexible needs.
- Work closely with management, end-users and IT peers to develop new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
- Utilize the .NET Framework and best practice software design practices in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Research, plan, design and develop new applications, maintaining existing code, working on new enhancements and features, writing, tuning and debugging SQL stored procedures for use with web applications.
- Collaborate with other developers and management, sharing ideas during team meetings, and learning from senior developers.
- Work with source code control systems.
- Participate in code reviews with other team members to ensure development guidelines and security standards are met.
- Code against cloud service APIs to optimize and automate the development workflow.
- Comprehensive medical & dental insurance
- Retirement planning with company matching
- Generous PTO including paid sick days and holidays
- Paid continuing education & training
- Casual dress code
- Flexible scheduling
- Team Lunch of your and your teammates' choosing every Friday, covered by Spectrum
- A state-of-the-art office environment including dining facilities and other amenities
- A Wellness Package including massage therapy, weekly snacks in our stocked kitchen, and two health club memberships including the beautiful fitness center in our office building and a fitness facility of your choosing